Monday, August 31, 2009

Treacle Fudge

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup light cream or evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup molasses

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix cream, brown sugar and salt together, set aside. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat and add molasses. Add the chocolate mixtures and cream mixtures together. Pour mixture into a pan and let cool. Cut into squares after cooled and serve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried making this last night and it tasted horrible!

smashleygail said...

I made this today, and it tastes good, pretty much like chocolate with a little molasses added in, but it won't set. I even put it in the fridge, and it still won't solidify. Not sure if I did something wrong or what. I thought it tasted good though, then again, I like dark chocolate. It's not super sweet like normal fudge.

Unicornmine said...

This isn't at all like the one that they serve in the Orlando theme park.